Posted By RabbitEars
Anthony Geary makes his recording debut!
If youâ€™ve been waiting to hear those words, an ABC announcement this week has just made your dreams come true. Perhaps trying to follow in the fine tradition of Rick Springfield and Jack Wagner, several stars of General Hospital and the other ABC soaps, One Life to Live and All My Children, are part of a CD to be released January 29 called Love Affair. Just in time for Valentineâ€™s Day, itâ€™s a collection of love songs.
Will any of these stars be the next Springfield or Wagner? Do we want them to be? Who knows â€” maybe there will be some surprises. After all, Days of Our Lives had stars Gloria Loring and Carl Anderson sing â€śFriends and Lovers,â€ť which became a hit. And Michael Damien, of The Young and the Restless, had some success with a cover of â€śRock Onâ€ť (his biggest song, which appropriately appeared on an album called Where Do We Go From Here). Lauryn Hill acted on As the World Turns before hitting much bigger success as a member of The Fugees, and then with a solo career. And pre-megastar Ricky Martin lived a life less loca as a regular on General Hospital. So maybe itâ€™s not too late for 69-year-old David Canary to become a recording star.
The songs on Love Affair are covers, not originals (why should soap opera-themed material pick now to get creative?), so there is nothing too surprising except what the cast membersâ€™ voices may bring to them. Hereâ€™s the track list if youâ€™re looking for that special gift for that special someone. Itâ€™s available for $18.98 wherever fine records are sold, and also through digital music providers and at abctvstore.com:
- â€śThey Say Itâ€™s Wonderfulâ€ť (likely not a prophetic phrase about the album) â€” Susan Lucci (!), All My Children
- â€śLet It Be Meâ€ť â€” Kassie De Paiva, One Life to Live
- â€śIâ€™ll Be Thereâ€ť â€” Tika Sumpter, One Life to Live
- â€śMy Funny Valentineâ€ť â€” Bradford Anderson, General Hospital
- â€śBecause You Loved Meâ€ť â€” Bobbie Eakes, All My Children
- â€śNever My Loveâ€ť â€” Kathy Brier, One Life to Live
- â€śEvery Time We Say Goodbyeâ€ť â€” Anthony Geary, General Hospital
- â€ś(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Womanâ€ť â€” Sonya Eddy, General Hospital
- â€śQuando, Quando, Quandoâ€ť (duet) â€” Jason Tam and Brittany Underwood, One Life to Live
- â€śIn My Lifeâ€ť â€” Rick Hearst, General Hospital
- â€śFrom This Moment Onâ€ť â€” Kristen Anderson, One Life to Live
- â€śAlways on My Mindâ€ť â€” David Canary, All My Children
Of course, if these songs turn out horrible, the singers can always claim that their evil twins suddenly arrived in town and stepped in for them.
Â© 2008 American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. Credit: Danny Feld