The 61st All-Star Game brings the NBA’s best to Orlando’s Amway Center for the annual East vs. West exhibition. The spectacle is essentially a nightmare for anyone who appreciates defense; the West beat the East 148-143 in last year’s game. (But seriously, who wants to see defense?) Despite the late start of the season due to the lockout, the NBA All-Star rosters were assembled after each team played only about 20 games. But still, you’ll find most of the game’s big names. And, yes, there’s even going to be a Jeremy Lin appearance. The Knicks’ sudden star will play in the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge on Friday, Feb. 24, at 9pm ET on TNT.
TNT has complete coverage of NBA All-Star Weekend Feb. 23-26. NBA All-Star rosters, TNT press release and NBA All-Star TV schedule after the jump:
Eastern Conference Starters
Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
LeBron James, Miami Heat
Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
Eastern Conference Reserves
Chris Bosh, Miami Heat
Luol Deng, Chicago Bulls
Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers
Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia 76ers
Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks
Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
Deron Williams, New Jersey Nets
Western Conference Starters
Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
Andrew Bynum, Los Angeles Lakers
Western Conference Reserves
LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland Trail Blazers
Marc Gasol, Memphis Grizzlies
Kevin Love, Minnesota Timberwolves
Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns
Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
TNT Presents Exclusive Live Coverage of NBA All-Star 2012 in Orlando, Feb. 23-26
TNT to Showcase the League’s top talent with more than 15 Hours of Live Coverage throughout the weekend
TNT will once again air exclusive live coverage of the 2012 NBA All-Star Weekend from Orlando, Feb. 23-26. The network’s more than 15 hours of live coverage tips off on Thursday, Feb. 23, with doubleheader action beginning at 7 p.m. (ET) with NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com airing live from Orlando. On Friday, Feb. 24, TNT will air the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge at 9 p.m. (ET). The network will air NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by State Farm on Saturday, Feb. 25, at 8 p.m. (ET). The weekend culminates on Sunday, Feb. 26, at 6 p.m. (ET) with the network’s exclusive live coverage of NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com followed by NBA All-Star 2012 presented by Kia Motors from the Amway Center. A full schedule of TNT’s coverage is attached.
This will be Turner Sports’ 27th year of NBA All-Star coverage, and the 10th consecutive year the NBA All-Star Game is televised in prime time on TNT. Heading into one of Turner Sports’ signature events, TNT is enjoying one of its most-watched NBA seasons to date. Through 19 games, the NBA on TNT is averaging a 1.8 U.S. rating (+20%, 1.5 U.S. rating); 2,807,000 total viewers (+24%, 2,256,000 total viewers); and 2,105,000 households (+24%, 1,697,000 households) over last year’s corresponding coverage.
“NBA All-Star Weekend proves to be one of the most exciting events on the calendar and this year is shaping up to be no different,” said David Levy, president of sales, distribution and sports, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. “With a number of marquee events and storylines highlighting our four days of coverage, fans will be able to experience all of the sites and sounds of All-Star Weekend through our television and digital platforms.”
TNT’s Inside the NBA studio team will be live at NBA All-Star 2012 throughout the weekend and include Ernie Johnson (host), Charles Barkley (analyst), Shaquille O’Neal (analyst), Kenny Smith (analyst) and Chris Webber (analyst).
Sunday, February 26
• NBA All-Star 2012 presented by Kia Motors grabs the spotlight live on TNT on Sunday, Feb. 26, at 6 p.m. (ET). TNT’s Marv Albert will be courtside to call the action, along with analysts Steve Kerr and Reggie Miller with David Aldridge and Craig Sager reporting from the sidelines.
• The East squad will be led by Orlando’s hometown hero Dwight Howard, the Miami Heat’s LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, 2010-11 MVP Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls) and Carmelo Anthony of the New York Knicks.
• The West is led by the Lakers Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum, the Clippers dynamic duo of Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, as well as Oklahoma City Thunder forward Kevin Durant.
Saturday, February 25
• NBA All-Star Saturday Night presented by State Farm returns to TNT on Saturday, Feb. 25, at 8 p.m. (ET).
• The night consists of the Sprite Slam Dunk, Taco Bell Skills Challenge, Foot Locker Three-Point Contest and Haier Shooting Stars.
• Kenny Smith will serve as the “Dunk MC” and join the announce team of Kevin Harlan (play-by-play), Reggie Miller and Mike Fratello (analysts) and Cheryl Miller (reporting) during the competition. Also calling the night’s action will be NBA TV analysts Dennis Scott and Steve Smith.
Friday, February 24
• TNT will have exclusive live coverage of the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge on Friday, Feb. 24, at 9 p.m. (ET). Barkley and O’Neal will serve as team general managers. Each squad consists of rookie and sophomore players who will be selected by Barkley and O’Neal in a special on-air draft on Feb. 16 on TNT.
• Kenny Smith will serve as the honorary commissioner of the game, while Kerr and Fratello serve as team coaches.
• Barkley and O’Neal, as well as players and coaches, will be mic’d during play to provide fans with insight, while Harlan, Smith and Sager will call the action from the broadcast booth and benches.
Thursday, February 23
• TNT will tip off its All-Star coverage on Thursday, Feb. 23, with doubleheader action beginning at 7 p.m. (ET). NBA Tip-Off presented by AutoTrader.com with Johnson, Barkley, O’Neal and Kenny Smith will air live from Orlando.
• The first game of the exclusive doubleheader will feature the New York Knicks visiting the Miami Heat (7 p.m. ET); followed by the Los Angeles Lakers taking on the Oklahoma City Thunder (9:30 p.m. ET).
• The Emmy® Award-winning studio show Inside the NBA presented by Hyundai with Johnson, Barkley, O’Neal and Smith will recap the night’s action.
Additionally, fans will have access to All-Star Weekend through other digital and social media platforms including:
• NBA.com will feature TNT OverTime, an online mosaic player, for companion coverage of NBA All-Star 2012.
• Four live HD streaming camera angles with DVR functionality and picture-in-picture capabilities for Friday, Saturday and Sunday can be seen via TNT Overtime’s live video player.
• Fans have a chance to vote for which player the Player Cam will follow per quarter during the All-Star Game by using TNT Overtime’s live video player.
• Viewers also can participate in a live chat by logging onto TNT’s Overtime and using their Facebook, Twitter or MySpace accounts.
• Live streaming coverage on TNT OverTime of Friday’s BBVA Rising Stars Challenge, All-Star Saturday Night presented by State Farm and All-Star 2012 presented by Kia Motors enhances TNT’s live television coverage.
Photo: Credit: David Crane/Daily News/ZUMA Press/Newscom