You’ve seen him on the Emmy® award-winning syndicated daytime talk show The Doctors and its companion web site, dispensing advice about the latest developments in plastic and reconstructive surgery, and even undergoing critical medical tests on-camera so that viewers can better understand why they need them and what to expect.
Now acclaimed aesthetic surgeon Dr. Andrew Ordon has compiled some of his best skin-care, anti-aging, and health and wellness tips and practices into a new book, Better in 7: The Ultimate Seven-Day Guide to a Better You, available exclusively at TheBookNook.com.The book offers 21 surgery-free plans that target women’s “hot button” issues from cellulite and wrinkles to fatigue and libido and more — and can produce noticeable results in just seven days!
To get you started, Dr. Ordon offered Channel Guide readers these tips for looking and feeling great in your bathing suit this summer:
1) Choose your veggies wisely. Some common “diet” veggies such as broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower can cause bloating.
2) Steer clear of alcohol for seven days. Alcohol causes dehydration and may slow your body’s ability to eliminate excess waste. So hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
3) To minimize the appearance of cellulite, start “dry skin brushing” today. This technique stimulates blood and lymph circulation to cellulite-affected areas — plus, it improves skin texture and appearance!
4) The key ingredients to reducing stretch marks are hiding in your kitchen cabinets. If you apply a mixture of two tablespoons of peanut butter and one tablespoon of vegetable shortening to your stretch marks for 15 minutes, three times a week, you will notice your stretch marks get much less visible.
5) Add bicycling to your ab workout … research shows it’s the most effective for toning abs.
6) Increase your fiber intake to ward off lower body fat; 26+ grams of fiber per day can help reduce thigh circumference.
7) Go green! Green tea helps rid the body of toxins and helps reduce sugar cravings.
The Doctors airs weekdays in syndication. Find your local listings here.
Watch your August edition of Channel Guide Magazine for a chance to win a free copy of Better in 7: The Ultimate Seven-Day Guide to a Better You from The Doctors’ Dr. Andrew Ordon.