Super Bowl 2013 date, time, TV channel, preview and more for the NFL championship game between the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens.
Super Bowl XLVII
Sunday, Feb. 3
CBS, Kickoff at 6:30pm ET
The AFC champion Baltimore Ravens meet the NFC champion San Francisco 49ers for all the marbles in Super Bowl XLVII at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans. Jim Nantz and Phil Simms call the action from the CBS booth. Beyoncé performs at halftime. And, of course, there will be plenty of entertaining commercials trying to upstage the action on the field. The New York Giants defeated the New England Patriots 21-17 in last year’s game.
What’s XLVII in real numbers?: 47
Who’s singing the national anthem?: Alicia Keys
Who’s performing at halftime? Beyoncé
Super Bowl Betting Line: San Francisco by 4
What are the most buzzed-about commercials?: How about this one with Kate Upton for Mercedes-Benz?
How much pregame TV coverage is there?: CBS has seven hours of Super Bowl pregame coverage on Sunday starting with Road to the Super Bowl at 11am ET. NFL Network and ESPN have their own pregame plans.
What storylines are people going to be talking about?
- Ravens head coach John Harbaugh and 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh are brothers. It’s the first time in history that brothers have coached against each other in the Super Bowl.
- 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick took over in the middle of the season when Alex Smith missed a game due to a concussion. When Smith was healthy enough to start, Jim Harbaugh decided to stick with Kaepernick.
- Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis will retire after the Super Bowl. There are still many people who really don’t like him for legal troubles he had in the past and other reasons.
- Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco still can’t get any respect.
- 49ers Chris Culliver said some stuff he wishes he hadn’t.
Football sucks. Anything else on?: Yes. Puppies!
Got anything else?: Yes.