Nominate your favorite cable TV series for Channel Guide’s Viewers Voice Awards!
It’s time to nominate your favorite cable TV shows and personalities for Channel Guide’s second annual Viewers Voice Awards. The categories for this year’s awards range from the traditional fare like Best Drama and Best Comedy to the more colorful like Biggest Bad-Ass, Biggest Bitch and Best Beard.
Categories for the 2013 Viewers Voice Awards are:
1. Best Drama [nominate a show now]
2. Best Comedy [nominate a show now]
3. Best Cop Show [nominate a show now]
4. Best Legal/Political Show [nominate a show now]
5. Best TV Movie or Miniseries [nominate a show now]
6. Best Paranormal/Monster Series [nominate a show now]
This category is somewhat broad but think paranormal/unexplained phenomena — anything from ghost hunters and mediums to the Bigfoot and mermaid-type programming, etc.
7. Best “Swamp” Romp [nominate a show now]
Any cable TV series with “Swamp” in its title — and there are a lot of ‘em.
8. Best Redneck Series [nominate a show now]
What do you consider the best redneck cable TV series? You know, those folks down South who really celebrate country livin’.
9. Spookiest Series [nominate a show now]
What cable TV series scared the socks off you this past year?
10. Biggest Bad-Ass [nominate a show now]
These are the guys or gals that kick total butt — good or bad — and someone you’d never want to mess with. Remember, cable TV only!
11. Biggest Bitch [nominate a show now]
We are looking for the nasty girls — mean, ruthless, coldhearted, just downright bitchy. Remember, cable TV only!
12. Most Outrageous Syfy Movie Title [nominate a show now]
13. Best Bloodbath [nominate a show now]
Oh, this is going to get ugly. We’re looking for your favorite nasty, gruesome, awesome moment in a series where someone unleashed some major fury or went bat-shit crazy, resulting in a major bloodbath.
14. Best Mama Drama Series [nominate a show now]
Not to be confused with our Biggest Bitch category, this one calls out reality TV moms who cause constant chaos and drama.
15. Best Family Values [nominate a show now]
Enough of the drama, let’s call attention to some wholesome, kindhearted families, whether it be a reality TV family you’ve come to love or your favorite fictionalized cable TV family.
16. Best Beard [nominate a show now]
Not since ZZ Top was on Billboard’s Top 10 have we seen so many celebs donning beards. Who is your favorite bearded boy?
17. Best Tatt Tale [nominate a show now]
This category puts the spotlight on American audiences’ fascination with tattoo artists. What show do you watch the most and love?
18. Dearly Departed: The #1 TV Series You’ll Miss The Most [nominate a show now]
These are the cable TV series that recently ended or were canceled. What series will you miss the most?
19. Best New Series [nominate a show now]
What do you think is the best new cable TV series from the 2012-2013 TV season?
SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATIONS BELOW!!!
To submit a nomination for any of the above categories, the rules are pretty simple:
1. It must be a show or person on CABLE TV (that means no broadcast nets like ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW or PBS). The awards help us validate why we continue to pay for our cable and/or satellite service every year.
2. It must be a show or personality that is still on TV today, with the exception of only one category (Dearly Departed).
3. Enter as many nominations as you like, and as often as you want. You can enter by posting a message below (note: indicate the category along with your nomination), or you can tweet your nomination/category to @ChannelGuide or join the conversation on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ChannelGuideMagazine
4. Nominations need to be submitted by July 3, 2013.
The official ballot will be posted in August and featured in the August issue of Channel Guide; winners will be featured in the November 2013 issue of Channel Guide Magazine and posted online.